Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

COLOURLovers

In my recent adventures of creating my logo, I happened upon COLOURLovers.

Go explore, it is awesome!  They have thousands and thousands of color palettes to peruse and enjoy.  You can create designs and become inspired.  It took me some research to figure out what the numbers meant for each color.  So, I want to share what I learned with you.

Let's take Ocean Five for an example.

The first color is a copycat of Martha Stewart's Rainforest.

                                                 (I made this example in Photoshop :o) )

There are two numbers underneath the Hex and the RGB (Red, Green, Blue).

If you want to have this palette in a project you are making, you can go to any application like Photoshop, Word, etc...and input the color by changing the numbers.  It's that easy!

So there were lots of other tricks I learned, but the most important thing, is that when you find a color you love.  You can write down these numbers (either HEX of RGB, both will get you the same result), save them, and make your project uniform in any software that you are using.  Heck.  I bet you could write them down and take them to a paint store and they would be able to create it for you.

The palette I chose for my logo and website was entitled Starry Night featuring Vincent VanGogh's colors.  I love it.  Here is the mock-up I used for all of my photoshop work.  (another trick I learned)
And the result, my awesome business cards and company logo!!



So, now you are informed about one way to embrace COLOURLovers.  I have only tapped the surface.

A

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool abby i didnt know you could do that! I really like the starrry night palette!! Sure love you!!

    ReplyDelete