Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

I can't say no

How many plates do I juggle?

Mother
Maid
Cook
Veterinarian
Nurse
Wife
Speech Language Pathologist
Sister
Friend
Daughter
Sister in Law
Service Organizer
Teaching Coordinator
Entrepreneur
Seamstress
Colleague
Gardener
Runner
Summer activity planner
Neighbor

That's 20 plates with only two hands...which are usually occupied by 4 other little hands...

That being said.  I can't say no.  I like to say yes.  I don't like to disappoint people.

I spent all morning cleaning the front part of my house today and now it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks.  A couple weeks ago I told someone I would make some costume hats for a show our church is putting on.  I told her I would get to it the first week of June since that is when I was done with work. Well, last week she said she needed them by Friday (The play isn't until the middle of July).  Well, I started them yesterday and finished them tonight at 6:30.  My notions have been tangled, twirled, and tossed throughout my house.  Isaac has a battle wound from playing with my circular cutter(I swear I had it up and away from them) and was very concerned that his finger didn't stop bleeding...I won't even mention Kate.  She is a wild one.

The whole time.  Mommy, I want a 'tunduter' (conductor) hat too.  Mommy, is this my conductor hat? Who is this for mommy?  Is this for me?  What little boy are you making it for?  Is this MY conductor hat, Mommy?  His use of the language is quite impressive.

Kate, "I E" I E" (Isaac)  She says it all day. So I'm almost positive ksjdhifuhekjndkng I E? kajdfkajheiuhgkje I E? I E alskdjfkdjfksjdfi  Was the same thing.  Is that for Isaac?  Where is Isaac's?Isaac wants that hat.

The Hat:


I made two of them.  

Isn't he the sweetest little man?

Oh yeah, back to the plates...I have way too much going on.  I should say no to everything and see if it's therapeutic.


7 comments:

  1. Good job on the hats! I hear what you are saying abs. You especially have always aimed to please. I know it's hard to say no I have the same problem. I think I am better at avoiding being asked though. Probably not something to be proud of. I am glad some of those plates are for you though and not all for others. I love you abs, your plates make you who you are! Keep juggling sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say "aimed" I didn't mean in a brown nosing kind of way. I meant it in the expectation you put on yourself when asked to do something. I felt like that sounded weird so I wanted to clarify. Still don't know if I did though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did. It made sense the first time too. :) Loved your comment. Love you.

      Delete
  3. Blabs, it's all relative. I don't like disappointing either, and I set pretty steep expectations for myself, which is good and bad I suppose. I'm good at dodging the bullet I think, kind of like what Liza was saying. I could do more, but boundaries are good too. We are all after that elusive little guy called balance. In fact I think balance hangs out with the boogie man on a regular basis, you know, just "not existing" together. What I love about you abs, is that you don't give up. You just keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is your mother!!
    Oh my gosh!!! The second picture just took me back and a double take thinking that was Phillip!?!?!?
    Crazy.... Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're overwhelmed! Thinking of you and hoping it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete