Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Tribute

   
     I tried to rewrite the lyrics to "Praise to the Man" into "Praise to the dad".  I couldn't do it.  I'm going the conventional route I guess.

    How lucky were we as kids to get thrown into this guys family.  (He still wears that shirt!)  This man loves us.  I mean he really loves us.  He dragged us across europe. (a couple times).  He gave us Nauvoo, and the City of Joseph.  He pulled us through marathons (and half marathons) Everything he does is for us.

   I think about him every day and smile.  Every day i think about how i need to be more like him.

  Happy Day after Fathers Day Steve.

7 comments:

  1. Well, for me it was only an 8k...and he caught me at the end so I didn't collapse on the pavement...so embarrassingly me...

    Love you Dad!! You are an amazing influence for all of us.

    P.S. I'm glad you posted because well, I didn't...but let me tell you all that I am pretty thrilled about the progression of my practice and my first client here in Cleveland comes tomorrow morning at 9:00...be excited...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about him everyday and smile too! I love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i had the picture of you and dad at the end of that race i would have used it. it is one of my favorite pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe I finally got a comment through. No longer will I have to send unreceiveable telepathic comments. Mom tells me that you have not received any of my telepathic comments. She never gets them either. I have been working on this for years without success. I do have some in the mall telepathic contact with Phillip and with my mother.
    I think Phil for his kind comments. I am still trying to live up to them. Does this mean that I have to stop wearing my favorite shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your thoughts will no longer be telepathic! Welcome to the blogosphere Daddy! I love you.

    ReplyDelete