Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Moving.... ummm YAY????

So this weekend has been busy!

I started my new job and have been loving it so far! 

I have been busy answering a lot of questions, filling a whole bunch of peoples water glasses, and showing my co-workers what I am made of, and so far i think they are impressed! : )

It might sound boring to you but I really love it. 

Now Ryan is going to be in Milwaukee next week for work, and we are moving in a month so I was thinking about starting some packing....

I have moved quite a bit, as an individual. Is it different moving as a couple with 3 times the amount of stuff? How do I stay organized? How do I decide what to keep and what to throw out? What are some ways that you have found to be successful organizing ideas? I need help.

Our first apartment is really tiny, so we have a lot of stuff that is just boxed up without a place. Our new apartment will need organizing but I think we can finally unpack a few new boxes...


So basically what I am asking is... Share your wealth of knowledge please? Any ideas on how to keep organized while moving or organizing a new home etc... Come on I know you all have some great ideas!! We sure love you.

I am sorry I have been so busy but seriously, someone give me an ingredient you want to learn more about etc... 

-M-

5 comments:

  1. would sweet potatoes be a good one? Good luck my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Decrapify
    2. Make sure you have a place and decrapify
    3. Always allow extra time and a few boxes for the random last minute things.
    4. Keep your cleaning supplies out.
    5. Pack everything you don't use on a daily basis first and label the box with the room you envision it in.
    6. Go to a grocery store and ask for boxes or on Craigslist.
    7. Keep a weekend bag with all you toiletries and what not for a day.

    I'm glad you love serving. Strut your stuff Mary Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rent a truck from Uhaul and do it in one shot. It is cheap and so much easier.
    Decrapify like Abby said
    Pack books in little boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abs & Phil pretty much covered it. I will only emphasize, De-crap De-crap De-crapify. If you don't use it get rid of it. If you can't remember the last time you used it get rid of it. If you have two, or three of it, get rid of the extras. Honestly, every time I move, and that is often, I try to get rid of half my crap. Because often that is what it is, and i always get more, and I get tired of moving it. With apartment/rental living the rule is less is more. Only buy and keep what you use right now. (unless it's like sentimental or something.) Sheesh and here I said Abs and Phil pretty much covered it. I'll stop now. Happy Moving!! So glad you are loving you job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, what they said . . . . . It basically always sucks to move. I am starting the process too. LAME!

    ReplyDelete