Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Progress

Well, I'm making some progress into becoming a business owner. I went on a shopping spree to Ikea and then afterwards had an incredible idea to lease out an office space in the local Family Center. So I called them. They have a small room/office that is 119 sq. ft. It is in a building that the whole community is constantly going in and out of, has two full-time preschools and daycares, the play room, a park, free parking, a receptionist...the list goes on and on. So I went to see the space today...
It's currently a storage room.  It needs a little TLC and a really great layout...with a calming aesthetic...

All of the shelving things on the side wall can go.  They said it was there from a previous leasee.  

It has two windows that overlook the ramp.
There is my own phone line.
There is a receptionist there from 9-6.

There are just a few set backs.  
1. My office at home is awesome.  It looks so cool, and I just put some money into it.  It seems more inviting. But anything would be in comparison to that space right now...

2. It will cost money to lease the space.  I could just use my home for free.

Counters:
1. I could make this place pretty awesome with paint and a rug and what not.  I could just bring my awesome therapy table with me.
2. It would be awesome marketing to have my office in that building.  Parents walk by daily.  It is part of a group of organizations that focus on birth -4...My target clientele...

Thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. Tough one! Cost is important.. if it's too much, maybe best to defer that stressor? But.. the counter arguments seem a little more compelling to me? If you do it you totally need a kick-booty website. When the community notices your business as they go in and out, they might go home and google you first....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the process of making one...I have an IT guy and a graphic designer. It is stressful making a really good one. I am also still having a hard time coming up with a name. So far it will just be my name...

      Delete
  2. I love those cute little babies in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail's place of learning...so to speak. or


    Abigail"s
    A place of learning...
    so to SPEAK.

    ReplyDelete