Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

We. Will. Blog.

Let me explain; Abby, the A in AMPLE, called one day and said "So you know your friend, the one you told me about? I looked her up and she has this blog with her sisters and it's really amazing, and funny, and smart, and cool and I think we should do that. Maybe? What do you think? Because we're funny, and smart, and then we would talk more. What should we call it? Because it has to have a great name, and we could have it be all accronymish. Whaddyah think, huh?" All of that before she took her first breath, (not uncommon for A). To which I responded with nothing, I was thinking. Then it came to me, and I said, "What about AMPLE?" A for Abby, M for Mary, P for Pants aka Laura (long story), L for Lizarde aka Eliza (even longer story), and E for me (Emily). Abby responded with an excited yell/borderline squeal, "AMPLE Ideas!!! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" She was very excited, the kind of excited you don't say no to.

So here we are.

I think this is actually a really great idea. We are spread all over the country much more than sisters should be spread over a country (Unless it is Switzerland, or somewhere small). We don't like it. Plus, we struggle in the categories of correspondence, and consistency, as evidenced by the state of certain individual blogs we may or may not have. And we will most likely continue to struggle in those areas. But we are giving this a whirl, darn it. We. Will. Blog.

So say we all, hopefully. But for now, so say I (E), so says A and L...M and P?

P.S. Are you supposed to capitalize a post title like a title or a sentence? (No it is not obvious to me based on the title of title.) I'm pretty sure there is such a thing as blog grammar rules. I just don't know them. Clearly.

2 comments: