Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Private Practice Plunge

I'm gonna do it.  I know I always say that, but I really am.  I was at work last Thursday and I kept thinking that I hated working in the schools and I missed my babies.  There is so much paperwork and there isn't enough time to actually do meaningful 1 on 1 therapy.  So, kids are on the program for years and hardly make progress.  That isn't how I roll.  I like to work one on one.  I don't like paperwork, laws, and red tape.  No Child Left Behind?  It's more like, Child Left Behind.

So, despite financial insecurity, I'm gonna do it.  I already have 3 clients in the works but haven't had enough time to initiate things.  I am that busy.  I felt like I was barely treading water this past week.  I probably needed a breathing session with E, but I didn't even have time for that.  I'm gonna do it.  Innovate, Communicate will be up and running and I will be in charge, and making a difference one child at a time.  They won't get left behind on my watch.

A


5 comments:

  1. HEY JONES GIRLS!!!! I love that you're blogging! Your mom just turned me on to this and I'm so happy to see all of you more than the occasional Jones/Hauser wedding! You're all amazing women and I love all of you so much! Can't wait for the next occasion to get together. xoxo Amb(ie)(er)(erlyn)

    Abby- You can do it, Darlin'! go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exciting!! Good luck! Aaaaand.. I'm interested to hear more specifics as they come down the pike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!! We can do "breathing" sessions whenever you want. Not sure exactly what they are, but we can do them. "Innovate, Communicate!!" We'll call it The IC for short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There has been some debate about the name, However, I just like this one. I used to think it should be I2C, Innovate to Communicate...but I don't like it as much. It doesn't really sound like a business...but I love the message it sends. We may not be able to completely help someone master or heal, but we can always find a solution via innovation. I think it is optimistic...

    Ideas?

    E, Remember when you would do breathing exercises to lose weight. I think we should a tutorial and those.

    Thanks, Sarah. I secretly think you should be my accountant. You know how I am with money.

    ReplyDelete