Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blah . . .

My day started like this . . . 

2 loads of laundry.

 Ok, lets be honest. That basket of clean clothes has been sitting on the couch to be folded for 2 days now, and there are two more baskets worth of clothes that need to be washed. As I sat and starred at the basket I decided I didn't want to fold them, I wanted to play with Reese instead. So I ventured down the hall . . . . 

I sat in this room while she made me cookies for a bit until the mess drove me back into the family room to stare at the laundry again. 



Now granted these tasks are somewhat simple to remedy, it takes about 5 min or less to throw her toys back into the baskets. Another 15 min and the clothes are folded and put away. Instead of doing it though I just get flustered by it and then discouraged and then I put it off and then the tasks double. This is a problem because this is when I go into a little bit of a "rampage" as Christopher likes to call it. I think a few of you have witnessed these on occasion. Why do I do this? Why can't i just stay on top of my house and all the other stuff I have going on? On the bright side though at least I kept two kids alive and everyone got fed today! We may not have gotten dressed today either, but we prefer princess dresses and stickers rather than clothes to adorn ourselves anyway. Hopefully my procrastination problems with cleaning made you feel better about yourself today and if they didn't and you are just like me, well, now you know you are not alone.
 Poor Henry, he is in for it with this chic as a sister. At least he is not afraid to tell her how he really feels. Lets see if you notice.

you will probably get home and children posts for the next couple of weeks still. Sorry if you are bored, but at least I'm not skipping out . . . I won't mention any names.

-L

10 comments:

  1. Ummm...are those fairies frolicking on his belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and a flying "birdie"? Nice, Hank! Your sister would always just scream about it if you got in her face (she can show you the video). I prefer the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cough cough....Mary....cough. Your kids are cute. I could stare at them all the time. So thanks for helping me do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I thought the stickers on his onesie was embroidery. That you had come to the point where all of his clothes were dirty so you had to scavenge through Reese's old bins! I also like the pink bib and pink polkadot blanket!!

    I love the pics of the kids. I didn't see Christopher before but I definitely do in these pictures. What a sweet little man. I don't know how I feel about calling him Hank...or 'Hen.' That is one of Isaac's friend's nickname.

    I had some great sheetcake at work today, but I bet it wasn't as good as Marcia's. Cough*cough*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like hank or hen either for when he is older but I kind of have been calling him Hankey. Every once in a while it's ok to call him Hank just mostly I prefer Henry. Kind of like we are allowed to call Charlotte chuck oy chunky sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stupid auto correct I meant Chucky of course. There is nothing chunky about that chicca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Henry only lets tree people call hi hen because he absolutely hates it. So don't make Henry hate you Liz. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Liza i never feel caught up with laundry. Poor little henry, all that pink. When your bigger little guy Jackson will teach you all about lego's and star wars. I like Just Henry the best too.
    " Kind of like we are allowed to call Charlotte chuck or chucky sometimes." I didn't know WE are allowed to call my little Charlotte those names. However because I like you i won't hold it against you! The nickname i like to call her is Lotte (Lottie) Sometimes. Your Sister Blog is really cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. she may kill me for this, but since i am aware of your nature as Jones people you can call her whatever you want whenever you want. because i know you can't control yourselves. nick naming is a genetic trait in our family. and i would hate for you guys to have to repress that.

    love phil

    ReplyDelete