Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

All About M

M here! Welcome to A.M.P.L.E. Ideas!! For my first post I couldn't help but think that there was any better way to start then to begin by telling you a little about myself. I am M, younger sister to E,A, and L, older sister to P. And then there is also our brother, (I don't think we have a letter for him quite yet...) We all grew up in a home full of creativity, there was singing, dancing, acting, running, painting, reading, sewing, laughter and much more. As I went through middle school and high school I fell into the footsteps of my older siblings and was definitely burning a candle at both ends with all the different activities I was involved in. Come senior year I began to get frustrated because all my older siblings had their "thing." E with anything related to art and literature, A with her beautiful singing and acting talents, E with her amazing ability to push her body to new limits through soccer and running, and P was still figuring out high school and hadn't quite found her "thing" yet. As for me, well I was just sort of a mix, until I realized my love for food! I loved going out to eat with my father and seeing his face grow in happiness with a perfectly cooked piece of fish, a tender piece if beef, or a chocolate dessert with just the right amount of bitterness.  I wanted to be able to do that for him. I wanted to be the one that made his face light up at something cooked just the way he liked it. So off to culinary school I went. I picked up and moved across the country to Utah Valley University. A whole new world was opened up to me that I couldn't even fathom. I loved it.  I baked, cooked, served, and ate my heart out! Now after living in Utah for the past four years I have had some wonderful experiences both in and out of the kitchen. In those four years, I increased my knowledge and love of food, gained and lost about 25 pounds, married the love of my life (R), and have found a new love for life and creating!  I hope that my experiences and ideas that I share can help inspire you in your own projects, or in the ones the Jones sisters have to share with you! Until next Tuesday!

Look forward to next week when I share something new for your kitchen table!!

 -M-

3 comments:

  1. So smart! I should have introduced myself as well. Oh well. Maybe next week? Or I could just keep all of our many readers in suspense!!

    Love you!!

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm excited for some new material!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Mary. I can think of many wonderful times in the kitchen with you! Most of which include lots of dancing. oh dear we had so much fun! Love the blog ladies keep it up!

    ReplyDelete