Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Origin of Pants

Yo sistas! and friends...and family, but family is friendly. Anyways, I'm Pants, the youngest of the sistas. I promise you my real name is Laura, my mama wouldn't be so cool to me if she named me Pants for real, but it is my most preferred name in the fam. Pants came from a long history of names. The first, Meg, also Meggie, Meggers, and Mega. It was based off of my middle name, Margaret. Meg stuck throughout my whole childhood, until around age 7, when A went to college. She came home on one of her breaks with a new nickname for me, Marge, also Margie and Madge. The story to this name, if I remember correctly was a misunderstanding of my name by one of her roommates. Don't quite know which one, but she thought my actual name was Marge...for some odd reason. So because of this roommate I was forever called Marge/Margie/Madge. Maybe until the age of 14, which then became Margie Pants. I guess adding Pants made the name sound more fun, or maybe they said that to make fun of me, I really don't know. But with the previous pattern of nicknames, it obviously had to change into something else, Pants. I think M started it, or maybe E. I think they might know this story even better than me. But none the less, I'm the one, the only...Pants. I am glad to have gotten this story written down, so maybe I don't have to keep repeating it as often for the rest of my life, but hey, maybe a new one will come along soon, and another soon after that one. So maybe I will have to keep tabs on it until the day I die. Oh, it'd be cool to have all my nicknames on my gravestone, I like that idea. Do you guys? Also, I really only like it when my rents and siblings call me Pants. They say it in this cool kinda twangy way that I really like. Makes me feel cool.

I have a good idea, I'm gonna post the highlights of my day.
Today definitely has some great highlights worth sharing.

Highlight #1: I woke up ten minutes before class, rushed out to my trusty car that I take to school when this inconvenience happens...sometimes a lot, and guess what I found. My car had a beautiful new accessory....wait for it...wait for it...a BEAUTIFUL orange boot on my back left tire. It was awesome, could not have started my day off any better. But hey, it led to a prettty good ending. Which leads us to..

Highlight #2: I went to my FIRST Korean restaurant, with an awesome Korean family from back home who were visiting, and had my FIRST Korean meal. Man oh man was it the most delicious thing. Perfect amount of spice...on most things, which I love lots and lots. So yeah, I will be hitting up Korean House a lot during these next 3 years in the good ole SLC. Yeah, its my city. If you didn't know.


7 comments:

  1. I think Wednesdays might be the most entertaining. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pants! Gotta love the orange boot. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm getting all my brothers together and we are going to start a blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking yesterday that we could possibly have Wednesday be a double day with Phil too...it would be great to get his creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, for the record, I take credit for the creation of pants. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete