Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The 13 Men In My Life.

I have thirteen men in my life right now. Not too bad right?

So what if they are all short, scrawny, and think the word "fart" is the funniest thing they have ever heard. Big deal if they have a conflicted love/hate relationship with me, and I have to constantly tell them not to wipe their noses on their shirts (allergy season). Most of the men I've dated could fit the same description, and were not nearly as entertaining.

They are little men of course, all under the age of twelve to be exact, and more like under the age of eight, if you factor in their emotional capacity.  But I still love them, even when they hate me, which is often. These thirteen little guys are the boys I work with at a therapeutic school for kids. They yell, kick, and scream all week, just begging for me to hate them...but I can't. Especially when mid-throwing a fit, (with Enya playing in the back ground to distract the others from all the obscenities being flung) one of my little guys yells "For the love, could you at least play some Marvin Gaye instead of this $^%$!"

I wanted to quickly introduce these guys because they are the reason I am mostly brain dead by Friday afternoon, and have zero creative energy with which to give you insanely witty, and well crafted posts. I'm planning to fix that by writing my posts on Wednesday's or something and scheduling them to post on Friday. For the time being this is a little glimpse into my daily life.

I quite like it actually.

-E

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you love it. Do you ever picture their potential, or what they would have been like had they grown up in a nurturing environment? Does it help you help them?

    ReplyDelete