Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Curly Girl-Book Review

If you don't own this book, you should.  I had my hair cut this week while I was home and my hairdresser told me all about Curly Girl.  I went to get it as soon as I could.  (After I read it, I realized she probably didn't really read it, as she didn't cut my hair per the books instructions.)

It explains many things like:
  Curly hair is like a pine cone
  How to cleanse and style.
  How to cut it.
  How to diagnose it.

Basically, it takes a somewhat natural approach to achieving beautiful curly locks.

I've started the process and will let you know how it goes.  We curly girls need to stick up for ourselves, band together, and patiently mend the damage that has been done!

Thank you Lorraine Massey for your page turner,
A

4 comments:

  1. Does she have suggestions for wavy girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I think I might make an addendum post to this tonight. I have some additional insight to share and more of a 'review' to do. Don't you think? Wavy hair is definitely addressed. It was only 8:30 and I was falling asleep writing this post last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please do because this wavy girl could use some tips. Wish we could all have beautiful curls like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys I'm at the opera. I'll post tonight. Promise. Sorry for being MIA

    ReplyDelete