Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday

I love how when peeps seem to miss their days for posting Thursday is the day they make it up for the week. I'll keep it simple a sweet just in case someone else decides to make up for their missed day today too. Do we need to switch some days around?

We are earning stickers this week . . . and by "we" I mean Reese
Here is just a blurb from the potting training dialogues.
(Reese is sitting on the toitlet.)
Me: "Reese you are doing so great. I know you can do it."
Reese: "No, I can't do it"
Me: "yes you can I know you can!"
Reese: " No, I can't TRUST ME I can't do it"
She is getting some serious attitude these days. That particular "trust me" line came from Tangled. She added a lot more sass to hers though then Rapunzel did. despite the extra sass she is doing really good! 

This spaghetti squash has made it into Henry's lap so many times this week. Reese says they are friends. When it is not in Henry's lap she is in the kitchen with it bossing the squash around. Sounds something like this.
"stay right here little guy"
The squash rolls a bit.
" Hey I said stay there. Now don't move"
"Oh you don't want to stay there, then come sit over here."
She moves the Squash.
"Good job little guy".
I think I need to pay more attention to my tone and what I am actually saying to her. How come the things I say always sound so much worse coming out of your two year old? 

2 comments:

  1. Well, the squash and Henry do look rather chummy, or at least similarly shaped. Maybe she's right. I'm glad she is still talking to inanimate objects and imaginary friends. She'd probably be friends with this little girl too. http://vimeo.com/958226

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to explain it, but Henry always looks like he is a bit suspicious of something...but he doesn't know what it is exactly. It's those raised double eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete