Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Guest Post: The SIL

First of all, for your viewing pleasure
Maggie blowing Raspberries at  You!
My sweetheart!
Very Cool Jackson
 On Turning 30!

My big birthday is in two weeks.  Both my best friends have already had their birthday and I have celebrated with them.  It's just a number but it does sort of make me feel old.  Last month I was at a YW activitity they played a game where you pick a gumball from a gumball machine and you have to answer a question that coordinates with that color.  One of the questions was what is the perfect age.  A lot of girls said five because they got to stay home and finger paint etc. but one girl said 30 because she would have a husband and kids and her life all planned out by then.  I just about died.  I do have the dashing husband and three of the sweetest cutest kids I could ask for but by no mean is my life "All planned out."

I got to celebrate being 30 with my two best friends for their birthdays.  It was amazing.  We don't see each other all that often but when we do it is so natural and easy because we grew up together.  My friend Sheri was in Kansas City,  which is so close to Liberty and Independence.  When we were youth we went on a church history tour which was one of the most wonderful memories of our youth. So Sheri and I decided to relive it.  It was so fun and amazing to go back to those places.  We also went to see the Kansas city temple that is opening soon.  It was gorgeous!  Also as a teenager we went to the Mall Of America A LOT to just hang out.  So Amy and I went there it was so fun to go there and feel so carefree.  We went on a roller coaster.  Man that was fun.  I think it has been since we went with the Joneses to Cedar Point since I did a roller coaster.  This is a lot smaller but still.  It was the thrill of us 30 year olds going on a roller coaster, putting our hands up and screaming along the 14 year olds near us. We also got to go to our favorite vintage store.

I am so grateful that I am still in touch with these two.  We can be in totally different places in our lives but still come together and it's easy.  I love that.  These girls the week after I moved to Savage Mn took me on a Picnic and are still my friends now. This is also all of our 10 year wedding anniversaries.  So bring on 30!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post!! It is so applicable to me, as I just turned 30! The worst part of turning 30 was when I walked into a restaurant to celebrate with some friends and I saw a You're 40 Birthday Balloon on someone's chair. My heart sunk and I thought, I'm gonna be 40. Being 30 helped that become a reality.

    I loved the story of your friends. My friend Sarah and I have been friends since before I was 5 I think...we lost touch for almost 10 ridiculous years and we have just started to reconnect. I can't wait to see her. She sent me a picture today of my 6 year old self...I thought it was Isaac with long brown hair. I am sure we will hit it off and it will be easy.

    Love you R! I think M's R should be R2. Unless we want to couple P2 with R2... It just doesn't seem right because she came first. But then, P2 is the actual P, not Pants...I think I am looking into this too much. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete