Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Cute Aprons Wanted


I just received this email from Aunt Alice...


"Hi girls,
Mom is still doing a great job in feeding herself as long as she doesn't try to think about it too much. She has a great appetite still which is important. She does have a hard time keeping the food on her fork at times and it ends up on her lap or down her front. On Sunday dad had got her dressed all pretty and she hadn't had breakfast so I went in search of something to keep her dress clean. There was one old apron  that needed repairing in the kitchen. I put it on her and she ate and kept her dress clean and of course looked darling in the process. (I'll send a pic in the next email.) anyways, I was thinking it would be fun to have her grand daughters each make or buy her a cute apron. Then she could wear one for every meal and Georgia could just wash them up and mom would have a kitchen Drawer full of cute aprons! It's not easy to get her dressed and this would help I think as well as make her feel pretty and loved when she eats. Anyways, etsy and anthropologie have cute ones if you don't sew or have the time. I'm going to turn this over to Christy to organize if you all want to send them together. Abby can you forward this to your sisters? I thought they might like to Join in. I don't have any of their emails. 

Love to you all.
Mom...Alice"

Let's do it!!  Grandma's address is: 

213 3rd Avenue
Buhl  ID 83316

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Let's do it! We should have everyone send you a pic of the apron they make and we can make a post of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joneses are in. gotta go find some lighthouse fabric.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lighthouse fabric is a fabulous idea, H! If everyone sends me a pic I can do a post. It might be an unconventional cut to keep her clothes covered

    ReplyDelete