Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Update on the Burrs

Hello Family!

I apologize for my late post but Tuesday was kind of a hard day for me. I have spent the past month interviewing and emailing and networking about a really good job at BYU and unfortunately that was the day I found out I would not be fulfilling the position. I was really hoping for the job, but that's ok!!

We do have some extremely good news though!! After about a year and hundreds of internships that R applied for, he was finally offered one! YAY!!! He will be interning for General Electric in the Healthcare divisions working on product development. He is really excited about the job! Although the hour commute each day, I am sure he is dreading. : (  I am so extremely proud of all the hard work he put in for the past year with all of the different companies! It was hard for him to keep pushing through all the denials but it definitely paid off for him! YAY FOR R!!!


Now, this week I was going to do another big post on an ingredient that a lot of people don't use in the kitchen and should. I was about to....but then I began wondering if any of you had used any of the recipes, or if that was even something that you would like to continue hearing about?? Let me know...


Anyways things are great here! We are both happy and loving life. We planted a small garden of pots this past week and it will be fun to see it grow! We sure love all of you and hope that you aren't to upset about my lack of postage.


Have a great weekend!



Love M & R

7 comments:

  1. Bummer abouth the job Mary, sorry. It's never fun to get rejected, yay for Ryan! I haven't used your recipes yet but I want too! Please keep posting stuff like that. I really liked that. And you can start creating recipes for you catering company someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ingredient are we referring too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that happened to you mary! So where is Ryan's intern ship at? We struggled so much finding a police officer job I'd get my hopes up and then crushed. I hate it when that happens to someone i love. I have not done any of your recipes yet. I do want to go back to the rhubarb ones soon. I have some in the back yard ready to bake up. I think you should still do the recipes. I love to at least read them. I got some food network cookbooks from the library and they were quite complex for the everyday home cooking i do but I do love food. Phil and I are food network people. It's one thing we find enjoy together. He likes to watch sports i like girly shows but we can always come together to enjoy chopped or Iron chef. Ok that was a long comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary This is what your big brother needs> I would love it if you could make a list of what spices go well together. so if i want something to taste morrocan i can look and say oh cool i need this and this. or greek i need this or this. or mexican. stuff like that.that would be awesome. Im sorry you didn't get the job that stinks. I love you and that is nice. does that even stuff out?

    P2

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what is Paprika good for. i mean honestly it just kind of smells like dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the internship. That must be a relief. Especially, after all the effort R(R2) put into it.

    P2- I concur on the spices tutorial. That would rock. I think Paprika is decorative...and I've never smelt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. im not even going to list the stuff we put on our grilled potatoes yesterday. i just let Charlotte have run of the spice rack but i know it included lots of paprika. and celery seeds. they weren't good. but we had fun

    Phil

    ReplyDelete