Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Cake

Well I am sure none of you appreciated my disappearing act last week but it was quite the week. I suppose that probably happens for everyone. 

Enough about me and on to the CAKE!

Marcia Wilson is now Marcia Milne and well....Marcia Milne LOVED her cake thanks to some wonderful tips from E!

I was originally going to do the same cake that E did for L's wedding, but the night before preparations began the bride changed her mind, on me so we did what we could with a new dream. 

Fondant. 
I know most of you are extremely against fondant and for good reasons! Most of the time is it to thick and dry and hard and purchased from JoAnn Fabrics in a sealed bucket. The fondant we used however was HOMEMADE and wonderful in every way in comparable to Wiltons.

The cakes flavoring went something like this

Lemon Curd Filling
Vanilla Bean Filling
Raspberry Filling

All on White Cake with a Swiss Meringue Buttercream! 

It looked something like this....



and this


and up close it looked something like this....





overall I think it was a success, what do you think??



Well other than that stressful experience this past week we have been car shopping and becoming the best interviewees ever, with probably 5 interviews total between the two of us last week and a few more coming up this week. Hopefully R will get a internship and I will get a new job!  

Hopefully next week I will have plenty of good news to post about! We sure love you here at the Burr House and miss all of you. 

Sunday night R and I skyped with E and I couldnt really stop the flooding of emotion that made me realize how much I miss my wonderful sisters. I love you all and hope you have great weeks, whether you have 5 loads of dirty laundry waiting for you, children falling asleep on the floor of the DMV, Finals/moving out, or the daunting task of finding clients for the summer! You are all amazing! 


Cheers!
-M-



P.S. Next week there will be a new yummy recipe for the restaurant!! Grilling season is here!!

6 comments:

  1. "the cake is a lie." (obscure gamer reference) good post F. I need to go find some baked goods. Maybe jack made some cookies today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear phil, you are very strange, in a good way, love emily.

      Delete
    2. whoa, I didn't know you could reply within a reply. This is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Niiiiiiiiice! I'm glad it worked out. Pretty hard, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dare the bride change her mind on you. I can't wait for the good news...hopefully, there will be lots of good news posts!

    I'm with Phil...I wish there was something baked...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the cake. It sounds REEAAL good right now!

    ReplyDelete