Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Funnies: Only on the Day I have no camera . . .

. . . and the oldest phone still being produced. So this is a picture of Reese. This is a picture of her I took with my stupid phone because my camera is stuck in some post office in downtown ATL. This is a picture of Reese lying butt naked and passed out on a table cloth on the floor in the hallway of our house. 
This is a picture of what happens when Reese doesn't take a nap. This is a picture of what happens when I don't check on my 2 year old in her mini tub and i don't supply her with a towel. This is a picture of a 2 year old that got sunburned at the splash park today because maybe her mother didn't put sunscreen on her (not my proudest moment as a mother). This is the picture and not the video of Reese that I took with my phone that won't upload to my computer. This is a picture of Reese, but you wouldn't have been able to guess it was her or that any of that stuff occurred today because my phone SUCKS. 

I need an Iphone.

I keep telling people that but alas no one has supplied me with one (I'm counting myself in this).

Today was a rough day at the Dougherty house we were busy doing good deeds for others, which is always good right? Somehow today it left me drained and emotional by the end of the day and sad I couldn't do a few errands for myself (like pick up my camera from said ghetto downtown post office in the ATL). Anyway by the time Christopher got home I was DONE. I put Reese in the tub and sat on the couch to feed the babe. 10 minutes later we found this nude little bum in the hall. We didn't even hear her get out of the tub. She grabbed the closest thing she could find to a towel and apparently couldn't make it two more steps to the living room where we were sitting. 
I am so grateful for these humorous moments in my life, especially after a long exhausting day. I needed to be reminded that life is funny. And I probably would have laughed a lot more today if I wasn't so stressed about stupid stuff, and letting little things bug me. 
 I want to hear about all the funny and ironic things that happen to you guys. We don't always get to share these moments so I give you "The Funnies". It can be anything. Funny things your kids say, brainless things you say, and moments like these that are just too funny not to share. Phil and Rox please post these whenever something funny happens at your house it can be any day of the week. I know some crazy stuff goes down at your house.
Well hopefully I will get my camera tomorrow cause we are going on Vacation this weekend!!!! To Savannah, GA. I can't wait for the ocean and sand between my toes!! I am going to try to laugh and smile more then I stress. Wish me luck!

-L


2 comments:

  1. Whatevs, it's not possible for her to get ANY CUTER...EVER!

    As far as funnies goes. I have less material to work with, but i'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:

    I wish Isaac was that good of a problem solver.

    Reese will be grateful later in life that you took that picture with a crappy camera. You didn't even have to use photoshop to sensor it!

    ReplyDelete